dimanche 29 septembre 2013

"Paradise Island; back from the brink" (L'île paradis -Maurice- au bord du gouffre)

I needed to make a short film for my final project for my Masters in Wildlife Documentary Production at the University of Salford. My mother is Mauritian, she was born and raised there. I visited my family that live there a few times, but I didn't know much about the small country. I've always been passionate about wildlife but apart from knowing that the Dodo once lived on this tiny island, I didn't know much about Mauritian wildlife. So I worked with the Mauritian Wildlife Foundation to make a film about the native wildlife and it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I managed to film behaviour never filmed before and it brought me back to my roots. The story of Mauitius' wildlife is a sad one, but luckily it has a happy ending. And I hope this film helps to conserve the beautiful animals that are only found on this speck of an island.

This is short film about the wildlife of Mauritius and how the restoration of a small island, off the East coast, has helped in saving them from the brink of extinction. Enjoy :)

Awarded Best Amateur Film at the 2014 Wildlife Conservation Film Festival, New York.

Nominated Best Environment Film at the 2014 Bird & Nature Festival, Abbeville, France.

Yasmin White





Source : http://youtu.be/y5zhOtJepes

Aucun commentaire: