lundi 25 mars 2013

Don "the Dragon" Wilson vs Samart Prasanmit

In this fight kickboxing legend Don Wilson is having a hard time against the thai Samart Prasamit (not to confond with the legend Samart Payakaroon).
The thai although being smaller and much lighter is able to overwork Don Wilson with hard kicks and in the clinch with strong knee attacks.




Source : http://youtu.be/hkhE4IqV_Hs

1ère reprise : Don "the Dragon" Wilson se déplace sur le pointe des pieds, dans une position caractéristique du karaté, c'est-à-dire de profil, et délivre des coups de pieds chassés. Vers la fin de la reprise, Samart Prasanmit, bien que plus petit, veut montrer lui aussi qu'il est capable de placer des high-kick rotatifs.
Avantage à Don Wilson.

2ème reprise : Premiers corps-à-corps. Samart Prasanmit projette aisément Don "the Dragon" Wilson malgré la différence évidente de poids. Mais le calvaire de l'Etatsunien ne fait que commencer. Saisi à la nuque, il subi des séries de coups de genoux et est compté deux fois.
Net avantage à Samart Prasanmit

3ème reprise : Samart Prasanmit avance sans cesse et Don "the Dragon" Wilson ne fait que survivre. Il simule peut-être des tentatives de reprendre son souffle "à la Mohamed Ali" pour surprendre son adversaire sur un coup de poing mais personne n'est dupe, il souffre.
Avantage à Samart Prasanmit

4ème reprise  (la dernière sur cette vidéo d'un match qui comptait pourtant 5 reprises) : Don Wilson reprend le dessus grâce à ses poings et contraint le Thaïlandais à reculer lors des derniers échanges. C'est un champion qui veut finir dignement.
Mais victoire sans contestation du local, Samart Prasanmit.

5 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Don Wilson First of all I was the WKA World Champion and fought ALL my title defense with LowKicks. I fought Thais under their rules despite the fact they had more than 50, 60, 70 fights under Muay Thai rules. I had a total of 3 under their rules. Yes, they were smaller than I but in 5 rounds the extra weight did not make up for added speed and experience. Of course, they could never go 12 with me but that's not their sport. Smaller, faster, more experienced fighters are tough for 5 rounds.

Anonyme a dit…

Don Wilson
I ran 6-9 miles every day at high noon, on the beach in soft sand, and in the hot-humid Florida sun. If I tried that today, they'd be calling the Paramedics. It was my cardio workouts among other things that separated me from the pack in those days. So, if you watch the fight I had in Thailand, it is obvisous that I am completely exhausted in the 2nd round due to dehydration and not any thing my opponent is doing.

Anonyme a dit…

Don Wilson

Since I was never really "hurt" in the fight by any punch or kick, but only went down because I was pulled down or pushed, I was not hurt in any way. Watch the 5th round and see if Samart is trying to KO me or just finish out the round. I am a 12 round fighter and would have lost many fights if they were over in 5. This was my second fight under Thai rules and he was the Stadium Champion. How would he have done if I had the experience of training and fighting 30-40 Muay Thai bouts?

Anonyme a dit…

Don Wilson

Like I said earlier, I lost 8lbs sitting in a hot sauna to make a weight they required only hours before the fight. I went straight from the sauna to the auditorium for the fight. I am a 12 round fighter and for me to be exhausted in the 2nd round is an indication of dehydration and not anything my opponent is doing. He did not land a kick, head or body punch, and only managed to grab my head, attempt some knees and pull me down to the ground. Count his head punches and kicks that landed.

Je a dit…

Losing is an hard feeling but an experience. In this case, you didn't fought with your usual rules. With more experience in muay thaï, the result would have been different.

From the second round, you seemed exhausted. But at the fourth round, your mental strength make you come back. Not enough but you showed you are a champion.